Thursday 3 April 2014

5 Natural Hair Quotes I love

I love reading natural hair quotes. I find that they range from motivational and inspirational to illustrating plain and simple truth. Of course there are the ridiculous which only serve to to deter people from exploring Natural hair. Naturally the latter will be given no air play here. These are a few I'm really into right now..


How often have you heard people say this? I know I said it through out my transition. We seem to forget we are natural at birth and for many years after, so we are in fact returning to Natural hair and not trying it out for the first time


Ironically, hair is under more stress when Relaxed than when natural. Of course, over styling your natural hair will cause stress, but when you truly embrace your natural hair, styling and management are no longer stressful because you know what works for you and your hair. And if you've been doing it a while or are a quick learner, you probably have a few go to hair styles you can rely on. This quote says it all


Any Mother worth her title (Mother) knows that amongst many other responsibilities to her children, she must be a role model to them. For mothers who have daughters, that responsibility flows through to how you carry yourself and indeed how look. Ultimately you are role modelling self love


Natural hair is definitely trending in a big way right now. I've even called it a renaissance in a previous post. However I do think there is a significant slice of the Team Natural population who have embraced their natural hair because its really trendy at the moment. I would like to think most Naturals are about that renaissance rather than the trend and I hope most of us stay Team Natural forever. 


I love this quote! It really tackles what now seems to me like an absurd thing to say "not for everyone". Other non black cultures rarely embark on a lifelong commitment to change the structure and pattern of their hair in an effort to conform, fit in or 'be beautiful'. 

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy these quotes

x

No comments:

Post a Comment